The Union Drug Store building at 202 Main St. saw several changes in pharmacy owners during the... READ MORE
Last week, we discussed the need for keeping yourself safe while approaching a Motor Vehicle Collision (MVC) that you might encounter while on the road. As a reminder, one of the first lessons that healthcare professionals are taught is that no one’s safety is more important than their own. I now want to turn our attention to what to do after
Here is the Newton County Justice Court trial docket for Judge Scott Round:
• Rebol Vazquez, reckless driving on 9/14/17, dismissed, officer failed to appear
• Stefanie Stowers, speeding, going 73 in a 55-mph zone and no proof of insurance on 8/4/17, continued until 12/12
The Eboney Women’s Club held their annual fundraising program on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. It was enjoyed by all.
The runner up was Mrs. Faye Champan, Mrs. Dorthia Evens, Mrs. Bertha Johnson, Mrs. Ella Evans. The winner was Mrs. Mary Beason. We would like to thank everyone for taking part in the program for donations.
Last week, the State of Mississippi’s Department of Education released its grades for all public schools, and the news was good for everyone in Newton County.
The following arrests were made between Oct. 20-26 in Newton County. This report is based on the daily jail blotter at the Newton County Jail and the Union Police Department.
• Abandoned 911 call, 439 Wire Road
• Additional 911 call, 18168 Hwy. 80 at Hickory Quick Stop
• 911 call child on phone, 439 Wire Road
• 911 call hang up, 161 A.C Thompson Road
• 911 call hang up, Magnolia Street
• 911 call hang up, 106 Woodbridge Drive
Ola Jean Parker, 87, of Lawrence, passed away Friday, Nov. 3, 2017, at Rush Hospital in Meridian. She was born Thursday, Jan. 9, 1930, in Newton County.
Services for Ms. Sallie Vance Jones, 89, of Union will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 6 at the Reid Chapel Church of God with burial in the Reid Chapel Church Cemetery. The Revs. H.L. Rhodes and Harmon Smith and Bro. Don Cook will officiate.
Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5 at Milling Funeral Home of Union.